Wednesday, December 14, 2011

My day-to-day.

I get asked frequently how I find time to do 2 workouts, clean my house, make dinner, & take care of H. Let me just tell you right now- I drink a ton of coffee- usually a 3-4 cups in the morning. So I decided that I would let y'all into my life & explain my day-to- day routine. I LOVE routines & I feel like its the only way I can manage all my time.

9:00 AM- make bed, PUT ON WORKOUT CLOTHES, make coffee, do dishes (if my sweet husband hasn't already- which he normally has), sweep, make H breakfast, drink coffee.
10:30 AM- if I am running that day then I get ready & get Hazel ready with a snack, juice, & a water for me. & then I run to the playground which is 2 miles from my house & sometimes I let H get out & play for 30-45 depending on the weather or what we have going on that day & then run back home. (total of 4 miles)
12:00 PM- make hazel lunch... Guzzle water. Eat lunch myself- vacuum(I love vacuuming & I usually do it 2-3 times a day) do any laundry that needs to be done & just hang out with H & watch movies or play or whatever she wants to do.
2:00 PM- put H down for a nap & clean up any messes she has made. Then I clean the kitchen while I get the DVD ready for my workout. Then I do my DVD. After that torture is over I usually sit on the ground & just be weak bc she kills me....
3:30 PM- I shower & read or whatever I feel like doing
4:30 PM- H wakes up & we have a snack & wait for J to get home. He goes & does p90x while I make dinner & we usually eat around 7
8:00 PM- J takes H up for bath time & I get to catch up on Hoarders or House Hunter or blog.
9:00- H goes to sleep. J & I watch our shows & go to bed!


I wasn't going to share a recipe today but I just made this soup in the crockpot & it is outstanding.

(light)Creamy Chicken & Wild Rice Soup

What you'll need:

4 cups chicken broth
2 cups water
2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1 package of Rice-a-Roni long grain and wild rice
1/2 tsp salt (plus more to taste)
1/2 tsp pepper
3/4 cup all purpose flour
1/2 cup butter
2 cups half and half (I used fat-free half and half)
1 cup grated carrots (I added more bc we love carrots & i diced them)
1 cup diced celery (I didn't have any so I added half an onion instead)

Directions:

Combine broth, water, carrots, celery, chicken and rice (along with seasoning packet) in a large slow cooker. Cook on low for 6-8 hours or on high for 4 hours. Take out chicken and shred with two forks and then add back into slow cooker. In a small bowl combine salt, pepper, and flour. In medium saucepan over medium heat, melt butter. Stir in flour mixture by tablespoon to form a roux. Whisk in cream, a little at a time, until fully incorporated and smooth. Stir cream mixture into slow cooker and then let cook on low for 15 more minutes.

Source: 365daysofcrockpot

It is packed with TONS of flavor & carrots. Seriously yummy (& light). So go eat up!

Until next time
-Mrs. K Scott

No comments:

Post a Comment