Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Creamy Mexican Chicken Soup

Ok so I know I already posted once today but I made this new recipe for dinner & holy guacamole it was DELICIOUS! (& easy.... As all my recipes seem to be?)

Anyway this is what you'll need:
(I got the base of this recipe from Rita's Recipes but I tweaked it to make it my own. & I'm sorry but I haven't figured out how to link her blog to mine)

I used everything with no salt or reduced salt

2 cans of tomatoes with juice (I used petite diced)
1 can corn with juice (I used white because its what I had)
1 can black beans- drained & rinsed
1 can tomato soup & fill can with water
Chicken (can use frozen breast but obviously it will take longer to cook) I used meat that we had from a baked chicken I did earlier in the week & just shredded it into the crock pot
A palmful (like those technical measurements?) of cumin
A palmful of chili powder
A half a palm full of Cajun seasoning (or anything to give it a little heat)
8 oz of fat free cream cheese


Dump all of it in. If you are using frozen or raw chicken then put it on top of all the other ingredients then top the chicken with cream cheese. I used cooked chicken so it only took about 2 hours on "warm" for mine to be ready but if you aren using raw or frozen then it'll take about 6-8 hours on low for the chicken to cook & 4-5 on high. When the chicken is done just shred it & put it back in there.

Can serve with tortilla chips but honestly it doesn't need it & we didn't eat them because it was added calories that aren't necessary. You won't believe how awesome this soup is. & all that is "bad" in it is the fat free cream cheese- but hey it's better than regular cream cheese! SO good & Jonathan said he can't wait to have it for lunch tomorrow - which is always a good compliment!

Hope you like it as much as we did!

Until next time
Mrs. K Scott

No comments:

Post a Comment