Thursday, January 5, 2012

Hate it, hate it, hate it!

Don't you hate when you're counting your calories and you're doing really well & then you eat something "small" just to get you through to the next meal & it turns out it has about a billion calories? Yeah that happened to me today. O.k really it was my fault bc my "little" thing was sausage (I know I know- but i was CRAVING it!) well turns out the little to no sausage I ate was 520 calories.... 520 CALORIES... In a snack? Oh my gosh. I was BLOWN out of the water! I had NO idea until after I had already eaten it & was logging it into my fitness pal. I wanted to throw up... Literally. But I didn't & that just made me workout twice as hard... & then eat half a piece of grilled chicken with salad with fat free dressing for dinner.... (which I love- but I usually eat it for lunch.. Not dinner!) anyway... Enough of my rant! How bout a recipe!? Have ya'll tried any of the ones I've posted so far? What are your favorites?


Pesto Marinate Chicken.

This is one of our favorites... Bc it's so easy & delicious!

Ok what you'll need (don't laugh)

A jar of basil pesto (you can make your own if you have that much time... I don't)
3-4 boneless skinless chicken breast
Salt & pepper

Ok people. All you do is get a zip lock & put the chicken in & dump in the jar of pesto... & mush (technical term) around the pesto so it gets all over the chicken. Put it in the fridge for 8 hours (I've done it the night before & cooked it the next day dinner & it was good! I say the longer time the better!) Then dump all of it (including pesto) into a casserole dish & make sure the chicken is laid out evenly so it cooks evenly. Sprinkle with salt & pepper. Cook at 375 degrees for about 30 minutes (depending on the size of your chicken breast- just cook it all the way through). Some people top it with Mozzarella cheese for the last 10 minutes but I don't because i think it's wasted calories.. But if you want to then cheese away!

We usually serve this with pasta & let the left over pesto be the sauce for the pasta... SO yummy & as you can see- SO easy! :) I hope you enjoy!

Note: I've also done this with the sun dried tomato pesto (that is right beside the basil pesto in the grocery store) & it was really good... But not quite as flavorful- but still a quick fix for chicken!


Until next time-
Mrs. K Scott

No comments:

Post a Comment