Monday, October 7, 2013

Weekend Recap. I love fall.


I love the cooler weather. 
I love my hair not frizzing up as soon as I walk out the door. 
I love having the windows open letting the fresh, crisp air in and taking the stale air out. 
I love doing family outings and not having the worry if we will be miserable because we're all hot.


Speaking of hot... look at this hunk. His wife is a lucky lady ;)

This weekend was a fun weekend. We haven't had a good, family centered weekend in a while. 

On Friday, Jonathan got home from work and we headed to the Cumming Fair. It was so much fun. We met our new friends there and Hazel had so much fun playing with their daughter. We went to the petting zoo, got Hazel's face painted, ate corn dogs, a snow cone, and fried Oreo's. OH MY GOSH. Fried Oreo's. Jonathan and Hazel rode a ton of rides and she had so much fun. We didn't leave till around 10:30 and by then my feet were throbbing. But it was wonderful. 



Saturday, Jonathan had to go to work in the morning and Hazel and I headed to her first birthday party that was for one of HER friends. Not one of my friends' children. I had seen the other mom's in passing but never really talked with any of them. It was a little girl her Haze's preschool class. It was wonderful to get to know the ladies a bit better and to watch Hazel playing with her friends. I am so proud of her. She is such a social butterfly and her and about 4 of the other girls were inseparable. It was so fun to see. This being her first school experience plus not knowing any of the kids in her class, she really has grown so much in the short time that she's been going. It has been such a blessing for us both and I am so thankful. Not only are her social skills improving but she is also so smart. She came home from school the other day talking about consonants and vowels. I am so impressed with how much she is learning. 



After the party on Saturday, we met Jonathan for lunch when he got off work, dropped the car off to get an oil changed, and headed to a pumpkin patch (Burt's Pumpkin Patch) with our dear friends Aimee and Bryan. They are expecting their first little boy in March and we couldn't be more excited for them. 

The pumpkin patch was huge and they had the most beautiful pumpkins. We got some really great ones this year. Hazel even picked out a small one for Ellie. Sweet sister. After the pumpkin patch we headed back home to relax.


Sunday, Jonathan went to work again and Hazel and I headed out to get her Halloween costume. A consignment store here was having their costumes for 40% off. Hazel had originally wanted to be Snow White (even though she's never seen the movie) so I searched and searched and couldn't find any that were nice. I found an Ariel that I was IN LOVE with and thankfully it fit and she loved it too. It came with a crown, high-heel shoes, and a wand (along with the dress) and it was $10. It's a really nice costume that probably cost $40 last year. I was so excited to find it at a great deal. We also got her the cutest little boots. I love finding a good deal. After that we headed home and Jonathan came home from work and we had lunch and relaxed. READ: Mama was exhausted from wrestling with the other 100 mom's at the consignment store. So we watched football, painted pumpkins, and hung out until church at 6. I love that our church offers a night service because with Jonathan working so much it is really the only time we can go as a family. I am so in love with our church. The more involved we get the more it feels like home. I want to encourage you if you go to a big church to get involved. It makes all the difference in the world to walk into a huge church and be able to wave and smile at a lot of people you know. 
you know I can't post a blog without a bump pic. :)


This has been the longest post ever. I just really enjoyed this weekend and spending time with family and friends. 

6 comments:

  1. I love going to the pumpkin patch, I am hopeful that we can go next weekend. October has been such a busy month for us with wedding's and family events. Love the fair pics, our county fair is going on this week and I cannot wait to go on Friday night :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a great weekend. Loving the baby bump!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing your wonderful weekend! I love fall for all the same reasons - especially the no-frizzy-hair
    PS - you look so beautiful!

    xoxo
    Rachel@rachelrunshermouth.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the pumpkin patch! You are GLOWING!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The pic of you three from the pumpkin patch is one of the most perfect pics I've ever seen!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's pretty much a perfect weekend! I really hope to get down to Cumming at least one night for the fair but, not sure if I'll be able to. That's okay though. I am ready for a pumpkin though, whether we get it from Burts or not. I was invited to go with my friend and her son this week, but...I don't know.
    And I have to agree with Erin, I love that family picture. :-) And of course your bump picture.

    ReplyDelete