Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Back at it!

We have been slacking in the workout motivation department the past month.

Mainly because it is so cold outside and it gets dark by the time J gets home from work so we have no time to run. But I also feel terrible making H sit in the stroller for an hour while we ran and she froze her hiney off. (well not so much her hiney because she had blankets but her face was red and she had a runny nose).

We talked about buying a treadmill so I can get my runs in during the day and J could run when he got home but almost everyone I know who owns a treadmill doesn't use it so I didn't want to waste all that money.

Then my friend Aimee told me about the gym that she goes to and how awesome it is! So we looked into it and talked the people down off the original price they quoted us so that it could fit out budget and they still get their money! We joined last Thursday and we have been every day except for Sunday (I went twice on Monday... yes, I am bragging)! We are both SO sore but absolutely LOVING it. They have a cross-fit area that J is really excited about then the basic machines and free weights & cardio area, then the group fitness, spin, & yoga classes. They also have a kids area that H is TOTALLY loving. She has not cried once (knock on wood) and she is always really excited to go. The kids area also on the last Friday of every month has "Parent date night" where we get to drop her off for 2 hours FOR FREE while we go on a date. We won't be able to do this till January because of Thanksgiving and Christmas but we are both looking forward to it, I thought that was a really great idea for a gym to do!! But also, I feel like when we do go workout its like a "date" because we get to just be us and not have to stress about H. Its just time for us and I am really loving it.

We did our first ever Hot Yoga session last Thursday then I went back Monday. Needless to say, I am obsessed. It makes me sweat so good! I am looking forward to trying out some of the other classes. Tonight we're going to spin and I am dreading it. When I first started working out after H was born (she was around a year old) I tried a spin class and had to walk out because I was DYING. I felt dizzy, etc. but back then I also thought running half of a mile was a HUGE accomplishment.... so I've come a long way. We'll see how it goes but I am nervous.

On a different note, I can't believe next week is Thanksgiving. I have always loved Thanksgiving and I love it even more now that I'm older and "get" the reason for the holiday (other than the amazing food). Since J and I started dating we have always done Thanksgiving with his family and I love spending time with them and cooking with them! So I am definitely looking forward to the holiday! Jonathan took the day after off we are heading there Wednesday night and staying till Sunday. I am looking forward to the "vacation."

P.S. I gotta get started on Christmas shopping... ahh!! its coming up so fast! We have H pretty much covered but that is it! I gotta get my butt in gear!

Until Next Time
Mrs. K  Scott

2 comments: