Monday, June 17, 2013

Beach vacation.... 14 week BumpDate

Whew. What is it about vacation and traveling that is so exhausting? 

Our family vacation was amazing. We go each year with all of Jonathan's family to Panama City Beach and it is always a fun week. This time Jonathan, Hazel, and I ventured out to explore some new restaurants. We went to a place called Firefly. It was simply amazing. They have the best She-crab soup I have ever eaten. I wanted a whole bucket of it. I also got the Salmon with green beans and mashed potatoes. It was all amazing. If you go to Panama City this summer then look it up! You won't be disappointed. We went at the "Sunset Speical" time and our meal was half off the original price. Can't beat that. 


The next place we tried was a breakfast placed called The Egg and I. They have the biggest pancakes I have ever seen and not only were they enormous but they were SO fluffy and delicious. 

The last new place we visited was called Hunt's Oyster Bar. It was definitely a "dive" but it had AMAZING food. I had snow crab legs and the meat was so tender and flavorful. 

The whole trip was amazing. We spent most of every day on the beach soaking up the sun and just relaxing. This year will definitely be the most relaxing year because next year we will have a 6 month old :D.


Now for the BumpDate:


How far along: 14 weeks! Officially in the second trimester. Today I feel great. Energized and all. But that might have something to do with Hazel sleeping till 9:30 this morning ;)

Sleep?: Well on vacation I was tired a lot but I don't know if that's from travel or the baby. I took a nap with Hazel almost every day but I can't say I wouldn't have done that either way. Today I feel great! I'm hoping this is a turn around and I'll start feeling like my old self again.

Maternity Clothes: None yet. I haven't bought any maternity shorts but I'll need to soon.

Best Moment this week: I felt the baby twice this week. Once I was laying on my side about to take a nap and it felt like my insides did a flip and the second I was sitting on the sofa and felt like butterfly's were dancing in my stomach. It is the most amazing feeling. At first I was critical and didn't think it was really the baby but the second time confirmed it and it is incredible!!! (Now I want it to happen all the time!)

Miss anything?: Wine and sushi.

Movement?: Yes!! 2 little flutters. Incredible.

Size of the baby?: A navel orange (4.5 inches long and about 3 oz)

Food cravings?: Well, while I was at the beach I was craving seafood.... and Dill Pickle Chips.

Morning Sickness?: I feel queasy if I don't eat but it's been a couple weeks since I've actually gotten sick so I am hoping I am in the clear as long as I keep food in my belly!

Gender?: Don't know yet... 4 more weeks!!!!

Bed Rest: No.

Limitations: Nothing yet! 

Labor Signs?: None.

Pregnancy Symptoms?: None really. Just have to eat every 3-4 hours or I feel sick.

Wedding Rings?: Still on!

Looking forward to?: My appt. this week and hearing the baby's heart beat again. It's always my favorite sound.


3 comments:

  1. You are so tan in that first pic!
    And this post just makes me want to be at the beach, eating beach food!!!
    I love that tank top you have on in your bump picture! Where is it from??

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like you had a blast :) Beautiful family!! So happy for you and your expanding family - feeling the baby move was the most incredible experience :)

    ReplyDelete