Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Father's Day Post... A couple days late.

I was on vacation. Give me a break.

I just wanted to dedicate an entire post about my wonderful baby daddy. He was my baby daddy before he was my husband. 
We were babies. 

I got pregnant when I was 20. Jonathan was 21. You know what most 21 year old are doing? Not sitting at home changing diapers. From the first day we found out I was pregnant, Jonathan has stepped up and changed his entire life. He grew up without a father and he knew how important that role is in a child's life. He had an incredible mother, she did everything for him but he knew that a child needs both parents. It's just how God created it. When I got pregnant we had been together for 2 years and were already talking about marriage so although it was a HUGE life change... It wasn't like I didn't know that I wanted to spend the rest of my life with him.
He's lost a bit of weight since then ;)

Hazel saved us both. She made us grow up and learn to rely only on each other. She is the best thing that has happened to us. She made our love stronger. 

From day 1 of being a father Jonathan has been amazing. He is such a natural at being a father. He has always been very hands-on and VERY helpful. Since day 1 he has done everything he could to help me. Especially the bath/bed time routine. It made not seem like much but as a stay-at-home-mom that hour of alone time is amazing. He never has complained about changing a diaper or getting up in the middle of the night to bring her to me to nurse. He ALWAYS went to get her, bring her to me, and when she was done eating he brought her back to her bed. All while working and going to school full-time. He has always been the first to get down on the floor and play with her and read her the same book 2948532 times. 

When he graduated college and got a full-time job, he never once complained about coming home and helping me. He has never been the type who comes home and just sits on the sofa (unless of course, he's dog tired.) He comes home from work (still) and plays with her/ helps me do whatever I need to around the house. 

I am so thankful to have such an amazing partner. 

I am also so, so thankful that he has a steady and great job that doesn't require him to work crazy hours. He goes to work at 7 and gets home by 5 or at the latest 5:30. We are very blessed that he makes enough money for me to be able to stay home. We both agreed from day 1 that I would stay home with the children while they weren't in school. He has never complained that he is the only person bringing home money. Sure, at times we struggle, but in our minds it is worth it in order for Hazel (and our other children) to have a mother who stays home and raises them. 

I am so excited to see how well Jonathan adjusts to being a father to 2 children. It melts my heart when I see how much Hazel loves and adores him and I can't wait to see that times 2. We are so blessed.

We are both nervous about having 2 children. It's going to be scary and different but we are mostly EXCITED. It's going to be another fun adventure for us to do together. I can't wait to see how our lives change and how our hearts expand. 


4 comments:

  1. Aww! Very sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a sweet post... he sounds like an amazing hubby and daddy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a good daddy! oh and I was pregnant with K&A when I was 20 too! :) at least we weren't teenagers. lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your blogs stuff is purely enough for me personally.
    couponchip.com

    ReplyDelete