Wednesday, January 2, 2013

What better way to start the New Year!?

I am starting the New Year with a BANG!

This morning Aimee and I did RPM. It's like a spin or cycling class but they really emphasize staying on the beat of the music. It kills my thighs and butt oh so good! Well I have talked about how much I hate breakfast so I concocted this Green Smoothie with some influence from Aimee! She drinks one each morning too... I love kale smoothies. I think they're great because kale is such a mild flavor you can't even taste it in a smoothie...
 So here's what you'll need and I even did the calorie break-down because I'm just that awesome. You're welcome.

Green Machine
-2 TBSP ground flax seed. (I got an awesome food processor for Christmas so I bought the whole ones and ground them up myself because I'm awesome.) --107 calories. 
-1 banana--90 calories. 
-1/2 cup (or more) of frozen fruit. Get one with no added sugar.... just plain frozen fruit. --35 calories for half a cup
- 1/2 cup of Blue Goodness Juice. (You can add any kind of fruit juice here... or leave it out. I used less frozen fruit and used this because I had it.)-- 80 calories.
-2 cups of kale-- 40 calories.
-1/2 cup of calcium and vitamin D pulp free orange juice (or whatever kind of orange juice you like)
-1 cup of water
-1/2 cup of ice

Just blend it all in a food processor or blender until REALLY smooth. 

Total calories: 406
If you want to be super classy then put it in a mason jar and definitely have a straw. 
You can play around with the fruit/veggie combo... I just like this one. Sometimes I add a green apple when I have it. 
I love this smoothie because its so versatile... Just add whatever you have on hand and it'll be good! 
406 calories may seem like a lot but this smoothie really fills you up and it's packed with nutrition It'll keep you full and it's great breakfast or snack. 

Since I'm working out twice today I'm drinking it as a snack but tomorrow before our morning workout I'm going to have it for breakfast. 


If Hazel can drink it then so can you!

Here's the breakdown


If you want to be friends on My Fitness Pal then my name is Kscott24

Hope ya'll all have a wonderful Wednesday! 
I'm off to clean and shower because going to the gym again with Jonathan tonight! 

I'm going to kick these last 30 pounds BUTT! Who's with me?



4 comments:

  1. Way to go! Two a days will definitely burn the weight off of you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can do it girl!! I THINK I added you to MFP. I am sorry but I can not drink a green drink. Just something about the color that tricks my mind into gagging. Lame I know!

    ReplyDelete