Monday, February 11, 2013

Weekend. (Why is coming up with Titles harder than writing an entire post?)

I know that most of you follow me on Instagram and already saw all these pictures but this is my blog to document my day-to-day life so that when I'm old and gray (and hopefully skinny) I will be able to look back and see what a a kick-ass life I have. 

 So on Friday night I looked at the weather and saw it would be sunny and a bit chilly but not too cold. We live in North Georgia and we live about 40 minutes from the Dahlonega mountains but I just googled "places to hike near Cumming, Ga" I know... I'm super computer savvy.  And I found that we live about 5 minutes from the Sawnee Mountain Reserve. Who knew? We've lived here for over a year. We need to get out more. So we headed over there Saturday morning to do a little hiking. 


She picked her own outfit. I read this article that was talking about letting your child chose their clothes when they are young so that when they get older they will have a unique style and be an individual and it really hit home with me. She picked this outfit out and she looks really cute.
When I was young we were ALWAYS outside exploring. I love it. I love caves and dirt and finding new things. So we headed there and just began hiking. There were 3 different trails and since we had no idea where we were going we just picked one. We're going to go back and do the others but we went to "the observation deck." 

It was beautiful! I can't wait to go back in the summer when everything is green! But still, it was a great view. The whole hike up and back was 4.4 miles. Hazel hiked almost the whole way up! She did so great! She really loved it. But then on the way down she said "my legs is tired, mama! I need a break!" so Jonathan carried her on his shoulders the entire way down. It was actually a great workout and also really fun. 

We took a couple breaks on the way up because Hazel "needed a snack." I am so proud of her for almost making it to the top! Some parts were really steep and I was out of breath! She loved it and kept saying "we're hiking, mama!!" She was so proud. I love that she's getting older that we can do these fun things with her before we have another baby. I know that I am getting frustrated with not being pregnant yet but I really need to take this time to enjoy my little girl. She will only be my only baby for a little bit longer and I need to just enjoy her. She is so wonderful. 




I can't wait to go back! So when we got done hiking we headed to Chic-Fil-A for some lunch. Next time we'll pack a lunch and eat there but since it was our first time going there I didn't know if they would have picnic tables or a place for us to sit so I didn't want to deal with it. So even though I REALLY wanted the french fries, I resisted and got a chargrilled sandwich and a side salad with light Italian. I'm so glad that Hazel is always with me. She loves the croutons and sun flower seeds that they put in there so I don't even have to be tempted with those added calories because she immediately asks for them. 

I also asked her when we were ordering if she wanted fruit or french fries and she said "fruit!!"... I was so proud. Our healthy choices are starting to wear off on her. I am doing this for me. But I am also doing this so that Hazel knows that you can still eat the foods you love and pick healthy choices! 

Then the rest of Saturday was relaxing. We came back and Hazel and I napped.
Sunday was a day full of church. I love our church! We went to the 11 o'clock service then came home for lunch and Hazel nap and then went back because we volunteer at the 6 o'clock service. I get to hold the newborn babies and Jonathan sings and plays his guitar for all the little kids. Hazel LOVES seeing her daddy on stage singing! She gets so excited.

After that we came back and watched The Grammy's until it was time for The Walking Dead. I'm seriously obsessed with that show. If you don't watch it you need to. 


Now I'm going to get ready for Body Step! I'm so excited. I know it's going to be hard but it's going to be worth it! 

How was your weekend?





9 comments:

  1. No fries at Chick-Fil-A? You're a saint! That's a NSV right there girl! Glad you had a great weekend! you are looking skinny in those pics!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you weekend was wonderful. The pictures were beautiful. Hazels outfit is rocking. Little girls with their own style are the best. Good job on resisting the fries, sometimes its easier said then done. Have a great day girl!

    ReplyDelete
  3. holy crap..I love the walking dead picture, and that was SO TRUE. him with that baby was just great stuff. love the hiking pics, what a great idea! I need to get on this, although I am 1000% sure i don't live near mountains. lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. no fries? You are amazing! I LOVE the hiking pics she is just such a doll! Thanks for inspriing to me go home and work out have a good day girlie!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The hiking pictures are great. I am going to check and see if I can find some real hiking trails near me.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fun weekend! The hike looks beautiful. And, Hazel's expressions are priceless!

    http://d-and-s-macke.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Skimmed through at first and thought you came up to my town! :p
    Looks like fun hike, kind of makes me want to go!
    Aside from the mountains, we have a reservoir up here that you can hike around, I forgot how long it is, I think Doug & I are gonna try it, but I don't like cold weather so I'm wanting to wait til it warms up a bit. If we do it, I'll let you know how it is! ;)
    Baby no. 2 will come along, I agree just enjoy the heck out of Hazel while she's still at this age and an only child. :)
    You have such a cute family!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Andrew picks fruit every time bc he hates potato. But seriously mcds gives you both now- why can't my kid just have some apple Ronald!?!?

    ReplyDelete
  9. I wanna do body step with you!! For real. :(

    ReplyDelete